Terms & Conditions
We are obligated by California state law to charge 8.75% sales tax on items delivered to a California address. Deliveries to all other areas are tax-exempt.
- Free shipping does not apply to selected manufacturers, sale items, and oversized or special order items. We will notify you of the additional charges when the order is received, if applicable.
- We ship within the 48 contiguous United States.
- We are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes or military APO/FPO addresses.
- Most shipments will ship via United Parcel Service or Fed Ex.
- Some larger items or orders may have to be shipped via common carrier. In this case, you are responsible for removing the items off the back of the truck to your home. A responsible party, over 18 years of age, must be present to accept delivery and sign for the shipment.
Return and Refund Policy
Refunds will only be issued under the following conditions:
- We accept returnable products within thirty (30) days of receipt of the product if they are in the original boxes and packaging (including all packaging materials and accessories). The items must be brand new (never used or installed) and in perfect condition and suitable for resale with all manufacturer’s packaging intact. The customer will be refunded (less the shipping costs not included in the initial order and a 25% restocking fee) once we have received the returned item and inspected the item for damage. Items returned will be issued a refund via the same method in which the item was purchased.
- Merchandise that has been installed, altered or damaged in any way does not qualify for return or refund.
- The following types of items and orders do not qualify for returns or refund.
- To return a product, you must request a Returned Materials Authorization (RMA) Number prior to returning the product. Products without a valid RMA number will be refused from the shipper. An RMA may be requested online at email@example.com or by calling Customer Service at 1-888-571-7934. Once we issue an RMA, we must receive the product within ten (10) days or no refund will be given.
- Merchandise must be returned and shipped at customer’s expense.
- The following types of items and orders do not qualify for returns or refund:
- Customized products and /or made-to-order products (i.e. made-to-order products include, but are not limited to, Hubbardton Forge and Arroyo Craftsman)
- Large orders (10 or more of the same item)
- Orders of more then $2,000
- Custom quotes
- Light bulbs, shades, glass, parts
- Discount or clearance products (except for damaged or defective shipments)
- When returning any item, please be sure to pack the product properly. We recommend that you purchase shipping insurance against damage or loss. We cannot provide a refund for any lost shipment or product received in our warehouse in damaged condition. In such a case, you must file a claim with the shipping company and advise us as what to do with the damaged product. We will hold your product for thirty (30) days, after which the product will be donated or destroyed.
- Please do not request a charge back from your credit company during the return process as we will in that case not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
- Do not sign for and/or do not accept receipt of any products that are visibly damaged. If a product appears to be damaged, please refuse delivery of the item and notify our customer service department immediately at 1-888-571-7934
- Any product that is received damaged must be reported to us within 48 hours of receipt. LIGHT BULBS UNLIMITED cannot accept responsibility for any damages not reported within this timeframe. Upon receiving a product that is damaged, you must contact us for a Returned Materials Authorization number before returning the product.
- Products received with broken glass or dented shades are not considered defective. In such a case, we will provide replacement glass or shades to you at no additional charge.
- After receipt of the damaged item, we will repair or replace the item at no additional charge. If a refund is desired instead of replacement, the “Return and Refund Policy” above applies and the restocking fee and our shipping and handling costs will be deducted from the credit. (Some items may not qualify for refund as noted in the “Return and Refund Policy”)
- If within fourteen (14) days of receiving your order, any products proves to be defective, contact us immediately. Do not ship the product back without contacting us first for a Returned Materials Authorization (RMA) number and return instructions. After we receive the defective merchandise, we will test it, if need be, and we will ship back to you (at our expense) a non-defective replacement item.
- Returned items found to be in working condition may not be eligible for replacement. In such cases, we will email you for your decision on whether to ship the item back to you at your expense. We will hold your product for 30 days after which the product will be donated or destroyed.
- We are not responsible for any labor costs, which occur as the result of the installation of wrong, damaged or defective parts.
Cancelled Orders/Refused Deliveries
- You may cancel an order that has not been shipped unless it is a special order, customized or built-to-order product. Any cancellation fees imposed by the manufacturer will be deducted from any refund.
- Once an order has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled, re-routed or redirected. If you would like to return this item, you will need to follow the “Return and Refund Policy”. Do not refuse the delivery of non-damaged goods as this will result in up to a fifty (50%) percent restocking fee. A delivery refusal may also result in the loss of your product and may void any possibility of a refund. You may also be charged for round trip shipping costs.
- Since a cancellation request is time sensitive, please do not email or leave a voice message regarding your intention as it may slow the process down. It is important that you get a hold of a customer service representative directly at 1-888-571-7934.
- Products sold by LIGHT BULBS UNLIMITED are covered by the manufacturer’s limited warranty. If you have purchased a product from LIGHT BULBS UNLIMITED and find it to be defective, 30 days past the purchase date, please contact us by telephone at 1-888-571-7934 for manufacturer warranty information. (Note: Light bulbs are never included under any product warranty.)
- Under no circumstances will LIGHT BULBS UNLIMITED be responsible for any electrical work, installation cost, shipping fees or any costs or damages of any kind.
- Unless otherwise noted for specific items, our manufacturers do not guarantee the durability of any product finishes on outdoor products.
Product Appearance, Finishes and Colors
- Many of the products include hand-applied finishes or organic finishes that will vary slightly for each product. Our web site includes manufacturer-supplied photographic images of their products, however, please note that due to finish application along with variations in computer resolution and color, actual product finish and glass may vary from online images. LIGHT BULBS UNLIMITED is not responsible for the variation in product.
- All photography is provided by the manufacturer. Pictures are not available for every finish, paint or style of an item so pictures of related items may be substituted. We are not responsible for the way an item looks once installed. Please always verify all product information with a manufacturer’s catalog or sales people before placing an order.
Pricing or product Description Discrepancies
- LIGHT BULBS UNLIMITED makes every effort to assure the accuracy of the pricing and product information on our website. From time to time, pricing or product information may be inaccurate. In such cases, we reserve the right to cancel your order. A complete refund will be made for any items that have not yet been shipped. In the event of inaccurate product information, our sole responsibility will be to accept the product return and provide a customer refund.
- All product descriptions are provided by the manufacturer. We are not responsible for any description inconsistencies with the manufacturer’s product specifications. Please always verify all product information with a manufacturer’s catalog or sales people before placing an order.